After School Hangout
Middle School After-school Program
Students will be picked up at their middle schools and brought to the Alamogordo Family Recreation Center (AFRC). They will hang out while enjoying various activities, such as swimming, art projects, basketball, games, guest speakers, and more!
Registration for ASH Online & In-house
- Visit the AFRC or Register online.
- Grades: 6th to 8th Grade (Middle School)
- Dates: August 14, 2023, through May 24, 2024
- Times: After school to 6 pm (Regular Days), 7:45 am to 5:45 pm (Full Days-select days when children are out of school.)
- Note: children must be picked up by the designated end time, or late fees will be incurred.
- Parents/guardians will acknowledge that ASH adheres to the academic schedule set forth by Alamogordo Public Schools (APS).
Single-day Rates are available now!
The number of open single-day spots is based on overall program enrollment numbers and will only be offered in weeks that do not reach maximum capacity.
When available, single-day registration will open two weeks in advance, and participants must be enrolled at least one week before the single day you request (i.e., by Wednesday, September 21, for participation on Wednesday, September 28). This ensures we can collect all necessary paperwork before the child's participation in our program.
You can come into the AFRC or call (MUST have a card on file - no payments will be taken over the phone) to register your child for any single day.
Required Registration Forms
Each child will need the following information filled out and turned in to us prior to the start date of the program or week the child is attending:
- Youth Program Participation Registration Form (PDF)
- Youth Medication Administration Request Form (PDF) - if needed
You can print the documents from the links above and bring them with you to the AFRC, or you can complete the forms at the AFRC.
- Base Fee: $42 per week* (fees will change based on the provision of full-day care when middle schoolers are out of school)
- Single-Day Fees:
- $12 (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday)
- $15 (Wednesday)
- $30 (Full days - 7:45 am to 5:45 pm)
- Payment must be made at the time of registration. Children are only enrolled for weeks that are fully paid for.
- Enrollment in one week does not guarantee enrollment in future weeks. Spots are not held for unpaid weeks.
- On weeks with maximum enrollment, children may be placed on a waitlist per parent request.
- Sponsorships are available to qualifying participants (based on annual family income).
- Prices and dates for all programs are subject to change.
- Transportation from designated schools is provided within the service area. Middle Schools include Chaparral and Mountain View.
- Alternate Schools: Children attending schools not listed in the ASH Transportation list (schools above) may enroll in ASH under the following terms: Parent/guardian is responsible for providing transportation to ASH*.
- After-School Clubs: ASH does not run secondary routes for children in after-school programs. Parents/guardians with children participating in after-school programs/clubs must provide alternative transportation to ASH*.
*Both instances include any offsite locations noted on the Program's Monthly Schedule.