Curbside pickup service of up to five library items is available with limited hours. Holds can be placed in the online catalog or by calling 575.439.4148. Pickup hours are Mondays and Fridays from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Have your library card and photo ID ready when you arrive for pickup.
Curbside service can also be used on Mondays and Fridays to retrieve print jobs sent to the library via Mobile Print. Once you have submitted your print, call the reference desk 575.439.4148 to make arrangements to pick up your document.
How To Get a Library Card
You can obtain a library card by visiting the Alamogordo Public Library and completing an application. A valid library card is needed in order to check out materials from the library. Library cards are available free of charge to any Otero County resident, kindergarten age or older. (Patrons under the age of 18 require the signature of parent or guardian on the registration card.) A driver's license or other picture identification with current Otero County address is required. (If driver's license does not show your current Otero county address , two other documents displaying local address are required.)
- Internet Use only cards are available for those with no current proof of address.(Use the library's computers; no materials checkout.)
- Nonresident cards are available for $15
- Replacement fee for lost cards is $5.25
- Maximum of 50 items total may be checked out on one card at any one time
- Most items 21 day loan
- Most Videos 7 day loan
- New Books (New Book Shelves) 14 day loan
- Reference material does not circulate
All items are $0.10 cents per item per day.