- Boards & Committees
Boards & Committees
If you are interested in serving on any City of Alamogordo Board or Committee, please fill out the application and submit it online or print it and return it to the City Clerk’s office. Call 575-439-4100 for more information. You can also review Article 2-04 regarding Boards, Commissions, and Committees to understand more of the process, duties, expectations, and requirements as written in our Code of Ordinances.
Volunteers are also needed and appreciated. Learn more about volunteering opportunities.
- Airport Zoning Board - Three (3) Vacancies. Two Vacancies are for Otero County Commission appointed Representatives. One Vacancy for an At-Large Representative to be appointed by the Airport Zoning Board itself, once it has a quorum.
- Alamogordo Public Library Board - One (1) Vacancy. The vacancy is for a City Representative.
- Mayor's Committee on Aging. - Two (2) Vacancies. Vacancies are both for a City Representative. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Parks & Recreation Board - One (1) Vacancy. The vacancy is for a City Representative.
- Senior Volunteer Programs Advisory Council - Two (2) Vacancies. Vacancies are for a County Representative and a City Representative. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Airport Advisory Board
Access meeting dates and times for the Airport Advisory Board.
Airport Zoning Board
The existence of this Committee is required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in order for the City to continue to receive grants in the best interest of the Airport.
Alamogordo Disability Council (ADC)
This is a group that provides advice to the City on how to make our community more “user friendly” for citizens and visitors with any kind of disability.
Alamogordo Public Library Board
Recent tasks have included researching options for a new library or modifications to the current library building and bond funding for the same.
City Clerk Meeting Agendas & Meeting Notices
Gather information about the City Commission.
Community Development Advisory Committee
The Committee helps determine funding request priorities, attends public hearings to discuss funding needs (up to three times per year), and may assist in door to door surveys to determine neighborhood income and funding eligibility.
Mayor's Committee on Aging
Mayor's Committee on Aging represents the perspective of Seniors, their unique abilities and needs as residents of Alamogordo.
Parks & Recreation Board
This advisory board makes recommendations in order for the City to offer superb year round leisure services and recreation for the Community.
Senior Volunteer Programs Advisory Council
Senior Volunteer Programs Advisory Council promotes the engagement of older persons as community resources in planning for community improvement, and in the delivery of volunteer services in our County.