The Pool is CLOSED until Spring 2024.
Check back for dates and times.
The ARC Pool is a seasonal outdoor pool. The pool's operating season is anticipated to be a seven-month season open from April thru October weather permitting. Pool operating times are not the same as the facility hours - please check our current online pool schedule for exact times and days. The pool schedule is updated as session times/days fluctuate throughout the season based on staff availability and weather.
The pool and surrounding deck are available seasonally for:
- 50-meter by 25-yard outdoor pool
- Water slide
- 9-foot deep end
- Splash pad area
- Food patio area - includes limited covered picnic table area
- Men's, Women's, and Family locker rooms
- Any child under 12 must always be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or over). Both youth and adults are charged use fees.
- Any child six years of age or under must be kept within arm's reach of an adult (age 18 or over) in the pool area (on deck or in water) at all times. Maximum adult/child ratio: one adult / two children. Both youth and adults are charged use fees.
- Youths aged 12 to 17 must have a completed MINOR Waiver form on file to attend pool sessions without an adult present where allowed (see Age Access Chart). Effective May 15, 2023, children without a completed waiver form on file will not be admitted to the facility without an adult. No Exceptions!
- View our Monthly Session Schedule page for all session days and times.
- Please check back frequently for changes to session schedules - links to the appropriate pages are included above and in the left-side column.
- The schedule is subject to last-minute changes due to unforeseen maintenance, weather, and staffing issues.
To verify pool hours, please give us a call at 575-439-4142.
Session Information and Policies
- All Swim Lessons require pre-registration.
- Public & Family Swim Sessions are drop-in only.
- Aqua Fitness Sessions (e.g., Lap swim / Aqua Walk sessions, Fitness classes) allow for pre-registration, which is recommended if you wish to ensure your spot. Drop-in participation will be accepted on a first-come basis if a session has not been filled through pre-registration.
- Online pre-registration link for swim lessons, fitness, and lap swim sessions.
- All pre-registration and drop-in participation is on a first-come basis for all sessions - each session does have a max capacity based on State mandates for public pools and staffing levels.
General Information on Facility and Pool Practices and Policies
- It is essential to the enjoyment of this facility by its patrons and participants and to a positive work environment for staff and volunteers that patrons and participants follow the Alamogordo Family Recreation Center policies, rules, and procedures (links below). Individuals violating AFRC policies, practices, or procedures may be subject to disciplinary actions, including potential ejection and suspension.
- Locker room use and belongings:
- Locker rooms and lockers are available for free daily use (lockers must be emptied at the end of each session) or on a paid extended rental basis.
- Locks are not provided - it is highly recommended that patrons bring a lock if they intend to use a locker to prevent lost or stolen items. The facility is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Patrons must take an initial rinse shower prior to entering the pool.
- Locker rooms and showers are not to be used for prolonged showers during or after a swim session.
- Cancellations, No-shows, and Turn-aways
- Public & Family Swim sessions - if a session is canceled by the facility (e.g., bad weather, maintenance issue) prior to 1 hour of the session being completed, a facility session pass ('rain check') will be given at the main desk that can be used for another public or family swim session within the next two weeks.
- Lap Swim/Aqua Walk sessions - if a session is canceled by the facility (e.g., bad weather, maintenance issue) prior to 45 minutes of the session being completed, a facility session pass ('rain check') will be given at the main desk that can be used for another Lap Swim/Aqua Walk session within the next two weeks.
- No refund will be given if a pre-registered participant does not show up for a session.
- If a patron is turned away or ejected due to non-compliance with any facility procedures/practices, pool rules, or the direction of staff, no refund will be given.
- Please be aware that pool session openings and hours are subject to change due to weather, staff availability, and pool maintenance. To verify pool openings and hours, please call 575-439-4142 during regular facility hours.