Park Reservation Policies

Fees for Reservations

Specific pavilions. gazebos, courts, and ballfields can be reserved at all parks on a first-come, first-serve basis for a fee. However, should a private party reserve a particular area, those who have not paid the park rental fee will have to relocate. Electricity is available at some park rental locations for an additional fee. 

All park reservations for private events (birthday parties, weddings, family reunions, etc.) can be made in person at the Alamogordo Family Recreation Center (AFRC), 1100 Oregon Avenue, or online. Online rental requests must be made 14 days prior to the desired date and require AFRC staff approval. In-person rental requests must be made at least 7 days prior to the reservation date. Visit the AFRC Facility and Park Rentals page or call 575-439-4142 for more information. Request park reservations through online registration

All park reservations for events open to the public must be made through the Special Events Division located at the Sgt. Willie Estrada Civic Center, 800 E. First Street. Visit the Special Events page or call 575-439-4159 for more information. 

Bounce Houses

The use of jumping balloons/bounce houses is not permitted in the parks without a reservation and require general liability insurance equivalent to the NM Tort Claims of $1,000,000. The City of Alamogordo must be listed as additionally insured. 

Prohibited Items

The following are prohibited in all City of Alamogordo Parks unless otherwise noted:

  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Fireworks
  • Glass containers
  • Horses or horseback riding
  • Overnight parking or camping
  • Trucks or motor vehicles on turf or other unauthorized areas

Ball Field Rentals

City ball fields are available for rental. Leagues or travel teams looking to rent/use ballfields must contact the AFRC Manager. Visit the Leagues and Travel Teams Page for more information.