The library will open soon in a limited capacity as allowed per the New Mexico Department of Health's Red-to-Green Framework.
- Please make your visit brief. Visits to the library should be limited to one time per day for 30 minutes or less.
- Seating is not available in the library.
- Computer use is limited to one 30 minute session per day. Please call 575.439.4148 to reserve a computer.
- We encourage everyone who can to stay home and use our 24 Hour Library.
- Curbside pickup service will still be available with limited hours. Holds can be placed in the online catalog or by calling 575.439.4148
How To Get a Library Card
You can obtain a library card by visiting the Alamogordo Public Library and completing an application. A valid library card is needed in order to check out materials from the library. Library cards are available free of charge to any Otero County resident, kindergarten age or older. (Patrons under the age of 18 require the signature of parent or guardian on the registration card.) A driver's license or other picture identification with current Otero County address is required. (If driver's license is out of state, two other documents displaying local address are required.)
- Nonresident cards are available for $15
- Replacement fee for lost cards is $5.25
- Maximum of 50 items total may be checked out on one card at any one time
- Most other items 21 days
- Most Videos 7 days
- New Books (New Book Shelves) 14 days
- Reference material does not circulate
All items are $0.10 cents per item per day.