Community Development Documents & Forms
Our mission is to provide reasonable and enforceable building and land use codes and ordinances that promote orderly development of our community; to enforce such ordinances in an equitable, professional and timely manner; to promote public awareness and understanding of the code of ordinances, and to continually maintain and update existing ordinances in order to maintain the health, safety and well being of the citizens of Alamogordo; to accomplish the provisions of this mission statement in a manner that provides for optimum benefit to the citizens with the least possible intrusion into their lives.
The Building / Land Use Approvals Division must strive as a team to achieve a more streamlined, efficient and defined system in which day to day processes will meet or exceed the public's expectations. We must maximize the utilization of all resources to improve employee qualifications through training and certification. We believe that through increased efficiency, employee qualifications, and a progressive, honest and courteous approach, we will reflect the absolute professionalism through service to the public, thus improve the public's perception of the Division and our state-wide reputation as a leader in the field of building / land use approvals.
Please call the Community Development Department at 575-439-4220 for any questions you may have regarding any Permitting issues or questions.
Construction Permit Forms (Residential & Commercial)
- Commercial By Contractor- Short
- Manufactured Home Placement Application (PDF)
- Multi-Purpose State Application (PDF)
- New Commercial Construction or Addition
- New Construction Residential by Contractor
- New Construction Residential By Homeowner
- Residential By Contractor-Short (reroof, windows)
- Residential By Homeowner (reroof, interior, addition)
Resources & Information
- Alamogordo Technical Standards
- Excavation Application (Utility) (PDF)
- Alamogordo Zoning Map (PDF)
- Clear Site Triangle Requirements (PDF)
- Dark Skies Ordinance (PDF)
- Egress Windows (PDF)
- Final Draft City of Alamogordo Comprehensive Plan 2018 (PDF)
- Thermal Expansion Tank Information (PDF)
- Weep Screed Requirements (PDF)